The sports lover in your life is sure to appreciate a special token or experience reminiscent of their beloved game this holiday season. If you are wondering what to purchase or where you should look to find the perfect gift, you’ve found the right place. We’ve created a comprehensive list of ideas and shopping spots and activities in Cooperstown that are guaranteed to impress the sports fan in your life.
For the Baseball LoverCooperstown, New York, is credited as being the birthplace of baseball and is overflowing with baseball-related museums, parks, and ample shopping opportunities. Cooperstown is home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, the Cooperstown Dreams Park and American Youth Baseball Hall of Fame, the Heroes of Baseball Wax Museum, and a number of specialty shops that sell memorabilia, apparel, and souvenirs.
- Gift the baseball lovers trip of a lifetime; an exclusive Baseball Hall of Fame VIP Experience with accommodations at The Otesaga Resort or The Cooper Inn. This special offer gives guests a welcome reception, behind-the-scenes tour, Hall of Fame sustaining membership, accommodations and breakfast for the duration of the stay. Reservations available at 1-800-348-6222.
- Score a homerun with a Baseball Hall of Fame membership! Several options are available and include a personalized membership card, a subscription to the official Hall of Fame magazine, complimentary admission for one year, a 10% discount on merchandise from the store and free shipping, and more! The Baseball Hall of Fame shop can be accessed online too.
- If you are looking for something smaller, the gift shop at the Baseball Hall of Fame has lots of little things a baseball fan would love. They have hoodies, replicas, card collections, books, ornaments, and more. What better baseball gift than a personalized bat? Anything you can dream up they can make at Cooperstown Bat Company. Whether for use on the field or to spice up your home decor, they’ve got the personal touch.
For the Ice Skating LoverFigure skating is a time-honored sport beloved for its rich history and artistry. This holiday season, take advantage of local opportunities to find the right gift for the person that adores this refined sport.
- Give them the experience of seeing The Art of Figure Skating through the Ages: The Dick Button Collection, on display at the Fenimore Art Museum through December 31, 2017– it is sure to satisfy the figure skating lover on your shopping list. The collection is comprised of paintings, posters, sculptures, costumes, and folk art that highlights the sport throughout the decades and across a multitude of cultures. The exhibit is appropriate for all ages and the onsite gift shop carries a gorgeous selection of books on figure skating icons such as Dick Button, Dorothy Hamill, and Peggy Fleming.
- Take them on an outing to Glimmerglass State Park for a little ice skating adventure this winter. Pack up a picnic - complete with hot cocoa and marshmallows - and set out for a fun-filled afternoon making memories on the rink.
For the Golf LoverCooperstown is home to one of the most scenic and challenging courses in the Northeast. The perfect gift for a golf lover just so happens to be golf!
- Golf, eat, sleep, repeat. The Otesaga Resort Hotel can make that a reality! The Ideal Cooperstown Golf Special provides elegant accommodations, one complimentary round of golf at the award-winning Leatherstocking Golf Course, discounts on additional rounds, a coupon to save on purchases at the pro shop, and breakfast. Reservations for this package can be made online.