Saturday, December 9, 3:00-7:00 p.m.
Join us for one of the region's best-loved holiday traditions, Candlelight Evening. The landscape of the museum takes on a magical appearance, decorated in greenery and illuminated by hundreds of candles.
- Ride through the museum's grounds in wagons pulled by draft horses adorned with "jingle bells."
- Experience a dramatic Reading of Charles Dickens' Classic "A Christmas Carol" by the author himself (as portrayed by Michael Henrici)
- Children take part in holiday arts and crafts activities.
- Visit with Saint Nicholas.
- Free rides on the Empire State Carousel - courtesy of Matt Sohns and family.
- Complimentary wassail, warmed in kettles over open fires.
- Bonfire on the Tavern Green
- Warm up with something hot from our delicious food and drink offerings at the Crossroads Café and L.C. Jones Center.
Music and live performances:
- Join in caroling in our candle-lit historic buildings -over 150 carolers in all!
- "A Living Nativity" presented by members of the congregation of Christ Episcopal Church.
- Holiday favorites played by local school bands.
- Traditional holiday favorites sung by the Catskill Chamber Singers.
Food: Warm up with food, hot cocoa and a variety of d
rinks at two locations. The Louis C. Jones Center will have pulled pork, chicken and biscuits, jumbo cookies and ginger bread, or visit The Crossroads Café for chili, hot soup, and jumbo cookies!
Shopping: A visit to the Museum this holiday season is
not complete without a stop at The Farmers' Museum Store and Todd's General Store, where a large selection of handcrafted items from the museum are available as well as other seasonal favorites.
Staying warm: Candlelight Evening visitors should dress warmly and wear boots.
Admission: $12.00 adults, $10.50 visitors age 65 and
over, $6.00 children age 7-12. Free for children 6 and younger.
Free for Museum Members.
December 09, 2017
December 09, 2017
The Farmers' Museum 5775 State Highway 80 Cooperstown, NY 13326 USA
Festivals & Fairs
6 - 12.00
By submitting this comment you agree that your personal information will be made public.